Friday, October 26, 2007


Monday, January 01, 2007

Hello 2007, welcome to the world.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! It is happy right? I always have mixed feelings about a new year beginning...there always seems to be such high expectations for great things in the coming year and resolutions that this year for SURE will make it past January 9th. I feel sometimes like my life happens while I'm standing by. Things that are going on are a little surreal at the time and don't sink in for quite awhile later. So, I end up looking back on my year and finally realizing what has happened just in time to start a new one all over again.
Well, I've decided this year will be a happy one. We've just bought our first home, AND I'm figuring out how to separate work from home life, which at this point is a larger feat than the first as my whole family is consumed in this insane bookstore gig. I've realized that people have normal lives outside of work. A job simply provides the means for their said "life." Well, soon I plan on joining their ranks.

Resolution #1-- Eat more vegetables. (huh??)

Resolution #2-- Create a better work/life balance. (I'm sure this was expected to be number one...but the other day at Black Angus, I discovered cooked broccoli for the first time that my taste buds enjoyed, and do you know how good vegetables are for you?)

I may have a few more resolutions up my sleeve, but maybe I want to be different and start them February 20th, or May 5th, wait, that's Cinco de Mayo, May 7th...that's better.
Whenever I start one of these blogs, I feel like I have something I want to write to remember, or something profound to tell the world, and by the end I'm wondering what I've said or why I bother hitting the post button...so, for what it's worth hope 2007 brings love and many blessings.

No comments: