I'm a logical person. If something is wrong with A then B should fix it. PERIOD. This motherhood thing is challenging my problem solving abilities. It must be my problem because Avery doesn't seem to have an issue with this night waking. She's happy as a clam at 3 a.m. and a VERY good baby in the daytime. I love her in the daytime. At night...I think of all the deserving people who would love to add a child to their family. (Am I allowed to think that?) It's just so darn frustrating. She goes to sleep like a pro, swaddled and bounced, but as soon as we lay her in her cradle, POP! Eyes open. We end up having to bounce her for at least a half-hour...the longest has been two hours, (shoot me now) only to be woken up in an hour when her sleep cycle has ended.
Yes, I've learned all about sleep cycles and REM sleep and non-REM sleep and transition periods and night terrors and concluded I am my child's sleep association. She doesn't know how to go to sleep without me, (or Brian) and the exercise ball. We did it to ourselves really. I would rather bounce than hear her cry at this point. But I've become very good at surfing the web on my ipod one-handed while bouncing my baby. I've also learned a million methods to cure said sleep association. NONE of which feel right to me. There's the no-cry solution that seems to take weeks, crying-it-out, the ferber method, Dr. Ezzo, Dr. Sears, the baby whisperer...I wish there was ONE answer, ONE solution...Jimminy Cricket, I've been wishing on stars and you've FAILED ME!
I'm starting to feel like Google is a detriment to my mothering. Too many ideas. I may have been better off left to my own devices, or maybe thinking this was normal and she'll grow out of this stage. I did however find a solution for another issue I've been having. Avery doesn't like tummy time. And when I say "doesn't like" I mean as soon as she's on her tummy the whining and crying begins. So while bouncing one night, I looked up some tips to help. One lady noticed her baby was so happy in the nude so she tried tummy time and ta-da, baby LOVED IT! So, a couple nights ago, before Avery's bath...stripped her down and tummy time was a success!
This morning I was greeted by blown out jammies so after I cleaned her up, we did some more tummy time before another bath. She's so HAPPY about it!
I was going to edit out her little buns, but they're too cute! I'm sure when my reasoning returns I'll crop them out.
1 comment:
No way! Love the buns! I count tummy time when they are awake on their tummy on you.
Post a Comment