Well last year my mom and I took on a hefty craft project copying pottery barn's thanksgiving calendar. Each day you write something you're grateful for and put it in the pocket and on Thanksgiving you pull them out and read them all. You can try and guess who's is who's or just bask in the splendor of all the blessings we receive.
Before pulling this monster out, I had seen a great idea online for little thankful trees. I'm always thinking about good craft projects for my activity day girls and with a little help collecting sticks, we pulled it off nicely. They write on a leaf everyday what they're grateful for and then hang it on the tree. By Thanksgiving, they're trees are bursting with colored leaves!
Looks like they had a good time huh? And they turned out rather cute!
So yes, you counted correctly, I now have two items to fill with blessings. I'm sure I can come up with enough to fill both! But THEN I read my sister's blog (which by the way is fabulous if you need a good read HERE)...and she started THIS:

So I'll be sharing my blessings here as well. Really "recording" them here as I don't plan on keeping scraps of paper leaves for years to come. Grab the button and join in!
I'll be playing catch up tomorrow because honestly, when the bambino goes to bed...I do too. G'night!
1 comment:
I love the trees...I've been searching for the perfect twigs but it just hasn't happened for me yet. And wow, you have a TON of activity day girls! Lucky girls!
Post a Comment