Thursday, November 25, 2010

#25 HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I'm thankful for TRADITIONS!

I love traditions. Something about the memories of years gone by that once again had me reminiscing today. When I was little, we'd travel the 6 hours to my Grandma's for Thanksgiving dinner and while the ladies cooked a fabulous meal, the men took the kids to the fish hatchery. We would take our nickels and feed the fish jumping out of the water. It was sweet to see my brother take the kiddos today to the fish hatchery and have the little ones smelling like fish food when they came back. Ahh, the memories.

It's fun to watch this next generation of my nieces and nephews get the same joy out of rainbow jello that I did, (and still do) and eat themselves full of it with no room for turkey. I recall a Thanksgiving I got sick on Jello...so why do I still make it? Well, it's tradition of course. It wouldn't be the holidays without it. Hope yours was a good one. We've got so much to be thankful for!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

thanks for the gorgeous jello...it's all my kids ate! oh, and I had a slice of cheesecake after your guys left...DIVINE! Still wanting to play a game of creationary, though.