Thursday, September 30, 2010
2 Weeks Old...a week late
I realize my baby is 3 weeks old now, but the camera doesn't get pulled out much. Here's our little Avery at two weeks old with a VERY tired me. Yes, you can see the gigantic bags under my eyes as proof that there isn't much sleeping happening at night around here. She's getting better and is generally a really good baby. I made a deal with her while I was pregnant that as long as she was inside me, she could continue to make me miserable, but when she was born, she had to be an angel child. (And let me tell you, she took FULL advantage of reeking havoc until the moment she entered this world! I just have to remember how horrible being pregnant was and a 3am wake up call doesn't hurt so bad.) For the most part, she is a great baby. She's easy to read and generally only fussy when a normal person would be...hungry, dirty, tired. Sometimes I wish I could just cry when I was hungry and food would magically appear, or when I'm tired someone would soothingly rock me to sleep. Pshh! She's got it too good!
Another happy moment, I think my body is finally adjusting to functioning off of a few hours sleep. Maybe not well, but surviving at least. I don't think there's really any way to prepare yourself for parenthood. I knew mentally I would be exhausted and the life support of another individual, but until your crying newborn wakes you up to eat after just an hour cat nap, the idea isn't fully realized.
Anyway, life is good. Oh, and please look past the grammatical errors and run on sentences, my brain has yet to return. Yesterday, I was copying down a recipe and wrote "flower" instead of "flour." Yikes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I don't have such a great excuse for my run on sentences. My baby sleeps through most nights and I still have plenty of punctuation problems. Avery is sooo beautiful! Oh, and for some reason, my computer always kicks me off your blog. I usually don't have time to leave a comment or even read a full post. Frustrating! We LOVE the flowers, too, by the way! :) I clipped on on a headband the other day and it was adorable. Thanks so much!
You look great and so does she! Oh, and the brain thing? Just gets worse with each kid. Ha Ha!
Post a Comment