Friday, July 11, 2008

What IS that?



Did anyone guess spinach pasta? I know, it looks like something out of a sci-fi movie that could come to life at any moment. I've had the baking bug bad these last couple weeks. I made rolls, whole wheat bread, (which by the way, makes the BEST grilled cheese..) and then the spinach pasta. I've only made pasta once before...no, I take that back...I've WATCHED the pasta making process once before and it looked like fun to add spinach into it. So, three hours and a bicep workout later we finally had dinner. It was like 10:00pm before we even ate. You have to like knead in flour, let it rest, knead in more flour, let it rest...let's just say if I would have read through the whole recipe first, I wouldn't have bothered. It was a lot of work for some funky colored noodles. It reminds me of a friend who used to hate cooking, she said it was because it took so long to make and then was devoured in minutes. I'm siding with her on this one. NEVER AGAIN! I guess if I did it in a mixer it would have been much easier--so maybe I will do it again, because despite the hassle and time they were DELICIOUS!

No comments: