Sunday, November 8, 2009

Horsetail Falls

One lovely summer day we headed up a trail to a beautiful waterfall about an hour from home. It was a nice little hike and it was great to escape the heat for a day. It was so much fun, we went another day a couple weeks later but it wasn't as impressive. The falls were beginning to dry up. Next summer we'll hit it earlier in the season to see it as it's best.




This little man proved his wilderness savvy by climbing up and down the mountain all my himself!! After a few near spills jumping off rocks, he finally learned how to slide down the big rocks to safety.




The first time we went up, I wore Crocs. BAD IDEA! Yes, they were comfy and grippy, but the little holes let the dust into my toes....and toenails (maybe that's too much information), but it took a good week to get out. NASTY! And if you know me, I hardly ever wear shoes that cover my toes....so dark red nail polish came to the rescue.




There are cool little water falls into swimming holes all the way up to the top. The second time it was pretty warm and the boys braved the FREEZING water....Sammy and I had to run for cover as they threw huge rock grenades to splash us.


Austin...well, being Austin...."Hey guys, do you think I could climb this thing??" I have to admit, it was pretty impressive, and made for a cool picture.



No comments: