Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Monkey Boy Memories!

Alright, I was just clearing some pictures off my camera and realized I haven't shared my adventures with Monkey Boy. Spring semester started for my sister and she didn't have anyone to watch her little man. I ran down there the first week of April and stayed a few days to help out. We had some fun! (and I'm not being sarcastic...) Aside from the monotony of doing the same activity over and over we had a good time together. I did learn that you don't introduce something fun to do without wanting to do it FOR EVER! For example...we blew bubble outside for THREE HOURS! I can't complain too much though, it was a beautiful day. I planned on taking him on lots of adventures but it's a lot harder to tote around a two-year-old that I thought. We tried to even just go to Pets Mart to look at the animals so I rounded him up while he rounded his toys up and we drove over there...well, much to my surprise the toys didn't want to stay in the car...he even had a nice carrying cup for all the cars he had. I was NOT having it. I do have to give him points for being smooth...I told him I'd give him a piece of gum if he gave me his cars. Well, of the 6 he had, he so generously gave me ONE! Smart guy, but no deal child! It was pretty funny!
It was also kinda fun to be in the town I grew up in and I tried to take a small walk down memory lane. I visited some old friends, and even drove down to get a root beer freeze at the best place on earth! (no exaggeration...) My mouth was watering the whole drive and I even had little Russell saying "treat" since I told him we'd be getting something yummy. Well, we pull up to the place and the parking lot was EMPTY! I was sad because I thought people were abandoning this little family run joint for the McDonald's down the street. Well, much to my surprise they were CLOSED...on a WEDNESDAY?! Honestly people, who does that? So poor little Russell (and me!) didn't get their treat. Luckily I had some fruit snacks in my purse and he thought that was just as good!
Well, there was still one other thing I wanted to do down south before I came back...Farmer's Market. Again, nothing like it on earth! I mean, there are Farmers' Markets around but this is more like a Thursday night street fair. They shut down the main street of this little college town and have not only your normal fruits, veggies, and flowers, but little bands entertaining crowds, bounce houses, face painting, crafts, AND McClintocks tri-tip Ka-Bobs. MMM...There's nothing like eating out of a cardboard box on the sidewalk curb! I kept debating whether or not I wanted to stay for Farmers or drive home since I'm not much of a fan of night driving especially on those little two lane roads with trucks, but that ka-bob and beans were worth not getting home till one in the morning! YUM-O!
SOO...long story short...Monkey Boy and I had some fun, ate some yummy food, oh, and got our eyebrows done...(well, monkey boy's mom and I). It was such a good time I'm bringing Brian back with me next week for some more adventures!
Russell is actually eating!?!? I had heard of this happening in the past but never seen the rare occurrence first hand. ooooo....aaaaahhh...
Well, it might look like a sad cowboy meal to some of you, but those of you who've had the privilege say it with me..."YE-HAW!"

1 comment:

Janet said...

YEEEEEEEEEE_HAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW!!!!